- Easy to understand
- Consistent across all user data
- Completely transparent
- Compliant with all applicable laws
Now, a message from our lawyers: By using the FigLeaf website or Product, you agree to this Policy. We, FigLeaf Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "FigLeaf" or "Company"), hope you find it useful.
What personal data does FigLeaf collect? Not a whole lot — just the email address you provided when creating your account or when contacting Customer Support. Not your name. Not your home address. Nada. Any Personally Identifiable Information is encrypted with a Security Key that only you have access to.
But there are some things that our app does collect when you use our website or Product — all anonymized and never tied directly to you:
- Your device type, OS version, FigLeaf version, and crash data — with your consent first. This data will help us improve device compatibility.
- How you interact with the FigLeaf app — with your consent first. This data will help us improve your experience while using our app.
- Your IP address. This data is necessary for DDoS protection and security analysis. It’s also mandatory for anti-fraud systems used by banks.
- Some app events like first launch, log in, log out, and others. FigLeaf needs this data to function properly.
Website Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The only cookies we like are the kind with chocolate chips (don’t get us started on raisins). We’re not a fan of the digital kind of Cookies — those small text files that help a website remember your actions and preferences.
Cookies are designed to follow you around the web. We don’t want to know where you’re going or where you’ve been. So we use Local Storage technology, developed in-house, which only tells us what browser you use — and only for the purpose of making our website work properly. Nothing more.
Special notice for children under the age of 16 and their parents or guardians:
Our website, Product, and services are not aimed at children under the age of 16, and we may not knowingly collect any personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you believe that we have collected personal data from minors, please contact us via email.
As we mentioned before, we like to keep things impersonal. While we don’t store any personal info, there are some cases where we might ask for some more details.
For example, if you love FigLeaf so much that you want to buy a subscription (thank you, by the way), our payment provider needs a few details to process the transaction. Things like your name, home address, and credit card number.
But this information isn’t stored on our servers. It’s our payment provider that holds this data. Here’s everything you need to know about what happens to your info once you agree to share it with us.
What type of companies?
Payment processing, customer support, data storage, protection and security, DDoS prevention, and others.
Is my info safe with them?
Yes. These companies are required to maintain confidentiality and are prohibited from using your information for any other purposes. When it comes to data transfer outside the EEA, we have signed agreements in place. And we interact only with PCI-compliant third-party payment processors to collect your credit card details.
Anything else I should know about third-party providers?
Is there any case where FigLeaf might share my data with other entities?
- Business Transfers: If the Company becomes owned by a third party as the result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy, customer information may be passed to the third party.
- Protection of the Company and Others: It may be necessary, by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities and institutions to disclose all information available to us.
- With Your Consent: You will be informed about other possible cases of sharing your Personal Information, and will have the right to prevent this.
We do not sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information to anyone.
Data Retention and Security
- We process and store information for as long as your account exists.
- If your account is deleted, some data may be stored for the purposes of fulfilling legal obligations, settling disputes, preventing fraud, conducting audits, enforcing our agreements, and protecting the interests of the Company.
- Everything you do is encrypted on our servers and on your device.
- If we need access to your information to help with something, we need your explicit permission to do so.
- No one can guarantee 100% security, but we take all necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your data against unauthorized or accidental access, deletion, alteration, blocking, copying, disclosure or other unauthorized actions of third parties.
In the case of personal data accidents, we will inform you via all available ways without undue delay.
Your Privacy Rights
We prefer to know nothing about you. That’s why we collect and use only the minimum personal data necessary to operate our Product and service, to improve it, and to provide you with support.
You’re always in control of your privacy preferences. Feel free to review and manage them by contacting Customer Support in writing via email with your request to:
- Update your information so that your data will always be accurate;
- Access data that has been collected about you;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Delete the personal information associated with your account.